Thursday 3 July 2014

Holy Island

Dark Green Fritillary butterflies were the target species  for today, to add to the Butterfly Quest total, so after a couple of blank sorties nearer home I decided to go for a banker venue and it came up trumps.
Holy Island dunes north from the Straight Lonnen.
Before I got to the end of the lonnen I saw my first two



In the first hour from 10.30am I counted at least 50 of these cracking butterflies and then stopped counting as they were spotted over all the areas I covered.

This little group were seen along the lonnen


and this was a small group of a much greater gathering of seals on the east side of the island



2 comments:

Johnnykinson said...

Well done sir. Always a good day when you visit Holy Island. A super Butterfly.

kirstallcreatures said...

What a good trip, lovely butterflies. L