Monday 24 November 2014

Dive, dive,dive

While wandering along the top of the Druridge dunes today, I noticed one diver quite close in so I got down to the waters edge and was pleased to get some close ups of  3 Red Throated Divers and Great Crested Grebe. Followed them for nearly an hour as they dived in quite shallow water.

                            


At the time I thought I was looking at a dozen distant twite but having downloaded and cropped am not sure about these below, any ident help please.


and a few other sightings along the way















5 comments:

Stewart said...

Yes they are Twite. On the far right bird see its buffy coloured face....

Citybirding said...

Thanks Stewart

Johnnykinson said...

Nice set Dick. Would have loved the hour with the divers.

Citybirding said...

Aye John it was good with the beach just about deserted

kirstallcreatures said...

Great pics, I especially like the pic of the Diver. L