Wednesday 4 March 2009

Burdon Moor

Was in the area of the heathland re creation project named Burdon Moor today, so thought we would give it a visit. Basically its about 300yards East of the car park for Tanfield Railway. My interest in this area is because I spent the first ten years of my life living at Andrews Houses, which was 2 rows of houses, located on what is now the Tanfield Railway car park. Whilst living here, and going to Causey School, (total pupils in school - 30 max.) under education of Headmaster, Mr Atkinson, it was he who initiated my interest in all things natural, but more of that at a later date.
There are about a half dozen small ponds in the area and at one of them this group of Greylags proved an interesting find.....



There were also Mallard, Coot, Wren, Dunnock, Curlew in the area.
Its got me thinking about revisiting all of the old haunts in that area.

No comments: