Wednesday 4 November 2009

Gosforth Park NR

Had a quick whizz around the perimeter of the pond to establish what fungi had been sparked into action with the recent rain. Also took the opportunity to drop into a couple of hides. There are good numbers of Teal on the water as well as Shovelers and a couple of Goosanders. Was also subject to that welcome - again -'You've just missed a.....Bittern'.
Pity 'cos I've yet to see one.
However coupled with a visit to Havannah I managed a large variety of fungi, a few of which I have posted below. There were good numbers of quite fragile looking specimens.
I believe that these are all Mycena species






As it was nearing the owling hour I drove over to Prestwick Carr and just as I was about to pack in a Short Eared Owl came into view with a quite close but brief sighting. Buzzards seem to be ever present in the area now.

3 comments:

Johnnykinson said...

Good stuff
Keep the fungi coming.
John

Citybirding said...

Thanks Johnny

Emma Anderson said...

Lovely fungi pictures.