Sunday 8 April 2012

Nighthunter

The local male Sparrowhawk  arrived on the garden fence at around 7.45pm last night and sat there until 8.40pm. It took an interest in a pair of Woodmouse picking up leftovers below the bird feeders, but no action.
We were able to  watch it since we have a street light in the lane running along the side the back garden.
I have to confess to being a point and press photographer so I was quite pleased with my effort to get any image after 8.30pm.
I used a 1.5sec shutter which demonstrates just how still the bird was.




3 comments:

PCF said...

Steady hands for an old bloke as well! Nice shots.

kirstallcreatures said...

Lovely pics of the Sparrowhawk on the fence, Linda

Citybirding said...

I actually used a tripod for the first time with the camera, Peter.
Thanks Linda.