Monday 15 February 2010

Prestwick Carr

Just after lunch, quite bright, so thought I'd try some dodgyscoping at Prestwick Carr.
Within five minutes it was grey and raining, so much for scoping pics, but not to be put off.
As soon as I got out of the car all birds were aloft as this glided through.


I presume a Buzzard but there was little light to see anything more than a silhouette.


Went up the bridle way although I could already hear from the shooting range that I would not get past the first sentry post. Over to the left the flock had settled and there were a lot of Golden Plover and Lapwing accompanied by a Shelduck and two Dunlin.





In the hedgerows were Long Tailed Tit and Yellow Hammer. Further north up the bridleway, I could see a Buzzard perched on one of the smaller hawthorn trees.
As I returned to the cross roads the flock were up again but this time I could not spot the culprit however the mixed flock flying display was quite impressive



By this time there were five Greylags in the only field that held no water, and a further two flew over in an easterly direction. Three Kestrel were in the air at the same time.
So it didn't work out as planned but an interesting visit once again.

No comments: